Minneapolis-based software maker, Audiofile, has announced the availability of Loop Editor 2 for Mac. Loop Editor 2 bills itself as the perfect replacement for the now discontinued Apple Loops Utility with support for all loop types, beat detection, ACID files, and more. It features full support for Apple OS X Mavericks, including retina display, multi-touch gestures, AppleScript and fullscreen mode.
It’s a powerful little piece of software built by musicians and producers for musicians and producers, featuring support for all audio file formats that support loop points, including AIFF Apple Loops, compressed & uncompressed CAF (AIFF, AAC & Apple Lossless) Apple Loops, AIFF, WAV, W64 and ACID. It also supports forward, forward/backward and backward looping, as well as being one of the only applications which supports sustain and release loops.
Key Functinoality Features:
- Slice: simple and quick creation, addition, editing and exporting of loops with multiple beat detection methods.
- Loop: supports all loop file types and allows for easy fine-tuning of loop boundaries with configurable crossfades.
- Tag: advanced property editing capabilities, including genre and description metadata for Apple Loops files.
- Scripting: automate complex workflows and simplify the process of working with large numbers of files.
- Export: Export any number of formats including compressed & uncompressed Apple Loops, AIFF, ACID, WAV and W64.
- ReCycle Converter: an indispensable tool that converts Propellerhead ReCycle files to files you can import into Loop Editor 2.
- First Aid: diagnose and repair uncompressed audio files that won’t import or open in audio applications. It’s a one-of-a-kind tool bundled free with Loop Editor.
Loop Editor 2 is available through the Mac App Store and is on sale for a limited time for $29.99, but will increase up to $49.99 in the near future.
For more information, head over to Loop Editor 2’s website.
Latest posts by Edwin Urbina (see all)
- Wizdom Music’s Jordantron Synth Is Packed With Features - September 22, 2014
- Remix Steve Aoki, Win Loot! - September 22, 2014
- Native Instruments Teases the Traktor Kontrol S8, DJs Everywhere Start Drooling - September 22, 2014
- DJOYbeat World Premiere: Tritonal & Paris Blohm feat. Sterling Fox – “Colors (Estiva vs. Juventa Remix)” - September 22, 2014
- DJ 101: How To Get On (Hint: It’s Not Just Calling Yourself a DJ) - September 22, 2014
- Numark Unveils Three Additions to their HF Series Headphones Line - September 19, 2014
- Splice Production Platform Beta Goes Live with DNA Player - September 19, 2014
- Mitosynth for iOS Updates Loads of New Features - September 19, 2014
- Software Review: iZotope RX4 Advanced - September 19, 2014
- U2 and Apple Move Past Free Album Debacle, Planning New Audio Format Together - September 18, 2014